I’m excited to give you a run down of the latest classes.. doing the class timetable right now.. we have small classes of 4-6 people and offer classes on Saturdays, Tuesday & Thursday mornings and weekday evenings for the 2 hour classes. Why not spend the holiday making some beautiful things. Let me know which you’d like to join us for!
2 hour classes cost £25 – Tuesday/ Thursday evenings
3 hour classes cost £35 – Tuesday/ Thursday 10am-1pm or Saturday 10.30am-1.30pm / 3am-6pm
(Current prices expiring 30 Sept 2013)
…for all levels
Supervised Sewing Groups – 3 hour session, £15 bring own project
Know how to use your machine but lack confidence to start (or finish) a project on your own? Join us for cake, tea and most importantly advice and guidance at hand.
- Machine sewing skills – 3 hour class, £35 (Skill: Beginners/ Refreshers)
Threading the machine, sewing in a straight line, which stitches to use when, technique, troubleshooting, basic concepts of making things. Hire a machine for £5 or dust yours off and get back into the swing of things again.
- Cutting & choosing fabrics – 2 hour class, £25 (Skill: Beginners)
Understanding different fabrics: characteristics, buying, cutting, how much to buy. Which needles, thread, foot pressure to use. (Related class: Following a pattern for intermediate)
- Alterations – 2 hour class, £25
All skill levels. Find out how to tackle those repairs & alterations you didn’t think you could do yourself! Take garments in/out, hemming, darning, broken zips, etc.
- PJ bottoms – 3 hour class, £35 bring own fabric (Skill: Beginners)
Make a pair of comfy, chilling-out-on-the-couch PJ bottoms.
- Zips & button holes – 2 hour class, £25 (Skill: Beginners)
Zips made easy! Make neat buttonholes on your machine easily.
- Make a little girl’s dress – 3 hour class, £35 bring own fabric
Make a little girl’s dress pillowcase dress or pinafore including button hole.
- Following a pattern – 3 hour class, £35 bring own fabric
Learn what all the abbreviations and terms mean. How to cut the fabric out and steps in using a clothing pattern. Including basics of sizing a pattern to your measurements.
- Curtains – 2 hour class, £25
Learn and practice the basics of making your own lined hanging curtains and save hundreds of pounds. Fabric calculations also included.
- Little girl’s dress theory only – 2 hour class, £25
Learn the basics of making little girl’s dresses which are size adjustable ideas and tricks to make them fit for longer.
See you soon for a cuppa tea and some sewing!